Monday, December 17, 2012

My heart is broken.

There are no words to express the way that I feel after hearing what happened in Conneticut. As a teacher and someone that would do anything for the students I work with, I understand the length that those teachers and workers went to protect their students. I would put my life on the line for any and all of the students in my school.

I am a teacher.
But I am not only a teacher....
 I am the wiper of tears,
 the hugger on hard days,
 the listening ear when things aren't going their way,
 the cheerleader in their corner,
 the banker when they don't have the money for something,
 the protector when bad things happen,
 the one who will push them to their potential.

I would absolutely take a bullet for any of the students in my school. I think any teacher would. It is our responsibility to protect them and love them.

I will continue to pray and seek God on how to handle and understand the horrific events this past weekend. I will also pray and thank God that he says in James 4:8....Draw near to me and I will draw near to you.


No comments:

Post a Comment